We really have a lot of fun creating these! This is our take on the old "Pieces of Eight" currency. If you like unique coin jewelry, check these out.
These pendants are replicas of the 8-Reale coins featuring castles and lions, or waves and pillars, from the mint of Potosi, Bolivia back in the 1600-1700's. I've kept some in their original round coin shape and others I've shaped into little shields or crudely cut crosses.
I've engraved "Backyard Silversmiths 80% Silver” on the back of each pendant. I'm using 80% silver in these pieces because I want them to have that cool look like they came from the bottom of the ocean.
If you buy one of these pendants, you actually get THE EXACT pendant shown because each one I make is one-of-a-kind.
You can choose from various hanging styles:
- Sterling Silver Thin/Light Round Chain (1.5 mm) with Spring Ring Clasp ($75 - $80)
- Round leather cord in Black or Natural Brown with Sterling Magnetic Clasp ($80 - $90)
- Braided Bolo cord in Black, Dark Brown or Antique Tan with Sterling Magnetic Clasp ($80 - $90)
- Sterling Silver Long/Short Rectangle Chain (4.4mm) with Toggle Clasp ($100 - $110)
- Sterling Silver Large Cable Chain (5.9mm) with Toggle Clasp ($100 - $110)
Note: Our leather cords wear beautifully but should not get wet. Please do not wear your necklace in water.