HANDFORGED FOR YOU IN THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS.
SHIPPING IS FREE THROUGHOUT THE USA!
If they date back to 1964 or older, we’ll gladly exchange them for Backyard Silversmiths® online shop credit and we’ll even pay for the shipping of your coins to us! We call it our “Trade-In Your Silver” program and it’s easy to get started trading in silver coins for cool, bold, rustic jewelry! Here’s how it works:
Backyard Silversmiths will accept up to $60 value in U.S. silver coins as a one-time, online store credit. The credit can be applied to a total purchase that is equal to or larger than the trade-in amount. So if your trade-in is $20.00 for example, you can apply the credit to a total purchase that is $20.00 or more.
Check out our trade-in rates below. (These rates are our current trade-in rates, and may change due to the price of silver or other business reasons):
US Silver coins 1964 or older (Only the coins from 1964 or older are silver. Coins dated 1965 or newer are not made of silver.)
$1 (U.S. Silver-Dollar) = $15.00 each
50-cents (U.S. Silver Half-Dollar) = $7.50 each
25-cents (U.S. Silver Quarter) = $3.75 each
10-cents (U.S. Silver Dime) = $1.50 each
1-ounce .999 FINE SILVER Coins
American Silver Eagle Coin = $20.00 each
Any other 1 oz. .999 fine silver = $15.00 each
Here are some examples of how you might use our “Trade-In Your Silver” program: (excludes taxes and shipping)
- Score one of super awesome WIDE Spur Bracelets for only $70.00 when you trade-in 4 Silver Dollars (Retail price of $130, minus a $60 trade-in credit)
- Pick up one of our Sunflower Necklaces on a shorter length chain for only $12.50 by trading in 10 silver quarters (Retail price of $50, minus a $37.50 trade-in credit)
- Get one of our really cool 1/2" smaller size Thick & Chunky Half-Inch Rings for only $15 (amazing!) by trading in 6 U.S. Silver Half-Dollars (Retail price of $60, minus a $45 trade-in credit)
After your initial participation in the program, we would be happy to discuss increasing our $60 trade-in limit, so you can obtain even more shop credit for larger amounts of coins!
Ready to get started? Here’s how:
2. Backyard Silversmiths will e-mail you a trade-in estimate with a pre-paid shipping label and packing slip. Once received, if you like the estimate, simply print out the packing slip and include it in the package with your coins. Attach the prepaid label and ship to us!
3. When Backyard Silversmiths receives your package of coins, we will evaluate the coins and e-mail you with a custom, personalized Shop Credit Code. You will use this code at Checkout at BackyardSilversmiths.com and the discount will be equal to the trade-in estimate we provided. (If we are not able to recycle the coins due to incorrect dates, or damage, etc., no worries - they will be mailed back to you free of charge, and no trade-in credit will be given).
Have International coins or other silver items you would like to exchange? Please contact Andrew to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 254-221-0405.
Thank you for visiting Backyard Silversmiths! Please contact us for custom orders or general questions. We will reply to your inquiry within one business day but please check your spam filters as sometimes our correspondence can be directed there.
Backyard Silversmiths® is a proud and active member of the following organizations:
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Experience handcrafted jewelry manufacturing right before your eyes at Backyard Silversmiths! Located just 70 miles south of Dallas on Interstate 35, visitors can watch Texas silversmith Andrew Vandekop create his unique jewelry designs using traditional and modern silversmithing techniques using his furnace, blowtorch, giant hammers and anvils! For those who appreciate hand-crafted, fine silver jewelry, a visit to Backyard Silversmiths is fun and educational!
Backyard Silversmiths is open Wednesday - Sunday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm unless we're exhibiting at an art festival. Please check our website and social channels before your trip to see if we're on the road!
We're located at:
391 IH 35 S, Abbott, Texas 76621 (EXIT 356!)